Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Virtuous Legacy: Chapter Five




Welcome back to A Virtuous Legacy, where we now have our very own trash plant! The sad looks on both of their faces pretty much illustrates how this legacy has gone for me so far. Or at the very least my incompetence.


The toddler cuteness was a relief to the stress on the lot, even to Jeffery, though he would never admit it. 


Maeve: "Then I said, thas not a giwaffe, thas a coat wack!"

I didn't mention this before but Maeve got a cool blend between Emery's light green eyes and Jeffery's brown ones. They're like an olive green.


Jeffery: "Mmm that booty though."

Emery: "I'm trying to tuck in our child, do you mind?"


Emery's belly got bigger as she reached her third trimester.

Emery: "Pretty soon I'll have two of these to read to."

Maeve: "Wat?"


Emery: "Ooof, I'm ready to get this kid out of me."

This is only your second pregnancy. You want like, a plumbob-load more of these. By the way, isn't she the cutest prego sim?


I took this picture because it perfectly summed up the lives of the Virtuous family. Broken plumbing, stinky fridge, stinky Emery sleeping in the tub...


Stinky toddler, sad Jeffery, sad Emery....etc....I don't remember being this terrible at playing. Then again, I was thinking about why it's been so long since I've published a legacy, especially having had the sims 4 since it came out. And then I remembered. I had attempted three different legacy starts right after I got the game. The same thing happened each time. My founder proposed, got rejected, and promptly died of embarrassment. Needless to say I gave up. Not to mention my very first sims 2 family met tragedy when the pregnant wife died of starvation. And the first time I ever played sims 1 I set Bob and Betty Newbie's house on fire within about 5 minutes. The more I think about it, the more I realize I've always been terrible at playing. Wow.


And here we are. Walls. For now. For a moment in time, they have the illusion of privacy.


Soon it was time for Emery to head to the hospital, and not a moment too soon.

Emery: "How many of these did I want again?"


Welcome Marley Virtuous! Another little girl is added to the mayhem.


Maeve: "Uh hewwo? What is that thing ober dere?"

Your competition.

Maeve: "Scuse?"


Oh yes, I can smell the rivalry for heiress already.


Maeve was definitely scoping out the new baby, probably wondering what the heck this screaming, pooping thing is that was suddenly getting all of Emery's attention.


Maeve: "Daddy, I want dessert."

Jeffery: "And I want to run away with your mother and leave you guys in a daycare, but we can't all have what we want."

Wow Jeffery, harsh. And a total cover-up for the fact you actually love your kids. I know, I see those covert snuggles and loves when you think I'm not looking.


Maeve: "Mama, wat is that thing you keep holdin?"

Emery: "That is your new baby sister, her name is Marley."

Maeve: "Why doe? I'm awl you need mama."


Emery: "Well honey, we're part of a thing called a legacy. That means even if I did only want one baby I would at least need another one. To have an heir and a spare."

That's a little involved Emery I don't know if she'll understand.

Maeve: "So me the heir now and we get rid of Marley."

Emery: "Maeve, no!"


Emery: "Thanks for coming over Alex, I didn't know who else to talk about this with. And we both know Mirra isn't much help."

Well she's not wrong.

Alex: "No problem, what's going on Emery?"


Emery: "It's Maeve, she seems to be catching on to the fact she's living a different kind of life. I tried to explain what a legacy is but now she doesn't understand that it's not decided if she's heiress or not. I want her to love her sister, not hate her because of some rivalry. She is still only a toddler!"

Alex: "She's still young, just keep teaching her about love and goodness. Hopefully as she gets older she'll understand more. For now teach her to love her sister no matter what. "


I love when Alex comes on the lot, she always does something to help the family. Whether it be feeding a screaming Maeve or washing some dishes.
Love my bestie <3


Emery: "Hey baby girl, I have something I want to talk to you about."

Maeve: "Okay mama, wassap?"


Emery: "You remember me telling you about the legacy right? Well I need you to understand that it won't matter for a long time and that for now, all you need to do is be good and love your family. And that includes your sister. Can you do that for me baby? Can you love your sister and be good to her no matter what?"

Maeve: "Mmm, yeah I guess so mama."

Emery: "Good girl! I think someone has earned dessert."


Ahh, a nice peaceful picture of the girls sleeping....aaand then screaming and stink clouds and the momentary peace was gone. Sigh.


This is a usual sight to see on the home lot. Emery and Jeffery sleep more in the tub than in their bed these days.


But pretty soon the girl's birthdays were coming up, and we had one small problem of not having a stove to bake a cake. So I had Emery stay up all night digging up rocks to sell to buy a stove.
Finally Emery made enough in addition to what Jeffery brought home from work that night.


Emery: "My babies are already growing up, I can't believe it."

See, I would have made Jeffery and Emery conceive another one already but I knew that Emery would not survive the pregnancy. I was already losing my mind trying to keep everyone alive or not taken by the social worker.


And here we have little Marley Virtuous, all grown into an adorable toddler!


Marley: "Hewwo world!"

Maeve: "It's my turn now, right daddy?"


Hah. Yeah. It should have been. This is attempt #1 at Maeve's birthday cake. Every time Emery made a cake, she would immediately take a slice from it.


It gave the girls a chance to hang out as toddlers, which was pretty cute. However...


By attempt #4 I was screaming at my computer screen out of frustration.
I mean I was legitimately almost in tears. I was definitely chain smoking (don't smoke, stay in school...yada yada). I honestly hate that we can't just buy cakes anymore.

And finally, finally...


Emery put the damn candles on the damn cake. I feel like both Emery and I let out a mutual breath of relief.

*I guess I ought to explain that at this time I didn't realize that sims would eventually grow up on their own without a cake.


Here's one (two) last look*s at Maeve as a toddler!


Maeve: "Oooh pretty fire."


Here's Maeve's child makeover. She rolled Kleptomaniac (so Virtuous) and Artistic Prodigy as her childhood aspiration. Which will never happen because the family can't afford an activity table. 


And here's Marley's makeover! She got Jeffery's brown eyes and rolled Energetic as her toddler trait.

That's the end of this chapter! Leave a comment here or on boolprop telling me what you think. Til next time simmers!


No comments:

Post a Comment