Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Virtuous Legacy: Chapter Two


Hello everyone and welcome back to A Virtuous Legacy! 


We start this chapter with Emery getting her grove on and trying to forget that her life as a legacy founder is being controlled by a vaguely incompetent sim player (despite her many years of experience). Emery is utterly broke but the beats are good and the bar has walls.


Meanwhile a semi handsome man approaches....


Mirra: "Hey Emery, I'd like to introduce you to someone. This is Jeffery Nyug (or something like that). He's not exceptionally handsome, or smart, or....I mean, he's not quite the bottom of the barrel. Like somewhere in the middle. Anyway, have fun!"

Jeffery: "Uhh, thanks?"

Emery: "It's about flippin' time, but yeah he'll do!"

\
This is my simself's boyfriend, Patrick. Yeah I see that. Watch it or I'll download Kat Dennings. Mmmm. Kat Dennings.

Anyway, while Mirra was distracted Jeffery ran away before Emery could make any real progress. Emery was, once again, not happy.


Emery: "I don't understand why this is so hard. She's supposed to be like my god or something right? Why can't I have one of those other legacy players who get their founders married and pregnant on the first day? I'm cursed! Cursed I tell you!"

Alex: "I mean, I really think she is trying. And look, she even bought your stove back!"


Alex: "Look, all I'm saying is just try to be patient for a little longer. It could be worse....right?"

Emery: "I mean I guess..."

Alex: "I thought you were supposed to be cheerful."


Emery: "Yeah well, you try living on a lawn your whole life and have your one true wish be painfully dragged out."

Alex: "Fair enough. I get it, I do. Just try to take my advice and trust? A little bit."

Emery: "Eh, I guess I could try."

Honestly, Emery has turned out to be the grumpiest sim I've ever played. And I've played sims with the actual grumpy trait.


The next day (probably) Emery was deprived of fun and down on her hope despite Alex's advice. I thought the lounge might offer promise of cheering her up.

Emery: *sigh*


Emery: "This is seriously hopeless."


"Why don't you try dancing it out? It might make you feel better, and you might even have some fun."

Emery: "Ugh, that sounds ridiculous. You are such a hippie." 

"I mean you're not entirely wrong." 


"Just try it."

Emery: "Fine, fine. What could be the harm I guess."


Emery: "Hey this isn't that bad actually."

"Seeee?"


Emery: "Hmmm yeah alright, this is nice."


After a while, people started to show up and Emery sat at the bar to order a drink she could barely afford.


Emery: "Hey aren't you that Jeffery guy Mirra introduced me to the other night?"

Jeffery: "Maybe, who's asking?"

Emery: "You don't remember me?"


Jeffery: "Sorry baby, you just look so much more beautiful right now I thought you were a different person."

Emery: "Oh hehe, thank you, that's so sweet....I think."


Emery: "So would you like to make beautiful legacy babies with me?"

Oh Emery no.

Jeffery: "Excuse me? Are you crazy?"


Emery: "Oh. Was it the legacy part or the babies part?"

Jeffery: "Who are you? Bartender, this crazy lady is bothering me."

Emery: "shitshitshi--"


Emery: "Well. That went horribly." 

"You can't even blame me this time. Everyone knows you don't try to pick someone up by telling them about the legacy, not unless you're super rich. Also, um, he hates children." 

Emery: "He what?? Mirra you've got to be kidding."

"You chose the babies, not the decent co-founder remember?"


Emery: "What should I do? I'm afraid to try to talk to him again. I mean, he pretended not to know me and he called me crazy."

Red: "It's beyond me why you would want to pursue this guy, but maybe try asking him on a date? Be straightforward. Maybe don't mention babies or the legacy thing."

Emery: "Got it, alright. A date. I can do that."


Jeffery: "Hey Emery, I was glad to hear from you."

Emery: "So you do remember me?"


Jeffery: "Baby you're so beautiful, how could I ever forget you?"

Emery: "Well uh, yesterday you--"

"Drop it Emery. Don't question the crazy."

Emery: "Right. Would you like to come sit and talk? Get to know each other a little?"


Emery: "So the truth is I only have a little bit of baby fever."

Emery no I don't think--


Emery: "I just get so excited when I think about having little ones running around. And babies are so cute, with their wittle fingers and wittle toes. And think about how cool it would be to make something that's part you and someone you love. And it just makes me so mad when I think about all the time that's been wasted and how many babies I could already have."

Emery I really wouldn't--


Emery: "Really though it's only a little baby fever, nothing to be scared of." 


Emery: "Here, let me show this article about how it's scientifically proven that women are more sexually attracted to men when we think they would make good fathers. You and I would make such cute---wait where are you going?"


Emery: "I did it again, didn't I?"

"Oh yeah, big time."


Patrick, love, help me out here. Say some dude shit to him to make him more compliant.

Patrick: "Yo, Jeff, you're a romance sim right? Being with a baby-crazy chick means more woohoo for you in the end brother."

Jeffery: "Huh, I guess I never thought about it like that."


Emery: "Hey why'd you run off? Was it um, something I said?"

Jeffery: "Sorry about that baby, I just really really wanted a hot dog. No worries beautiful."

Patrick: "My work here is done."


Jeffery: "Who are you again?"

Emery: "Son of a--"


Jeffery: "Baby, baby it's a joke. Be cool."

Emery: "What kind of bi-polar, borderline personality did you pick up at your therapist's office Mirra?"

"Babies."


And so Emery took a deep breath, found her inner zen, and thought of the multitudes of babies she could trick Jeffery into having with her. 


She went to make a move, waiting to see if he would once again reject her advances.


The move was a success.


Emery: "Can a good girl get a kiss?"

Jeffery: "No, our date timer just ran out, I'm going to suddenly get up and run away again. Later baby!"

Emery: "Frammit!"


And that's the end of this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it and go ahead and leave a comment telling me what you think :) til next time simmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment